Monday 10 February 2014

The key to happiness! - Magical Mondays

Hey Beauts,

So the past few days I have just been feeling really down, It's not that I'm not happy (Because I am actually quite happy) It's just due to deadlines looming with uni work, no job and just being lazy isn't really keeping me upbeat and cheerful. So I've decided to put together a few things that will make me (and hopefully you) more cheerful on both the inside and out! Writing things down will always push me to do more things (Little list maker me) and by giving you beauts inspiration too, hopefully we can share ideas on what makes us feel good in our lives! :)


So my first ever magical Monday inspiration thingie ma jiggy is to look back over old photos! Photos that made you happy, when you had a smile on your face, when you mind was like 'I'm so super happy right now'. Instead of looking back and thinking 'I wish I was as happy now as I was back then', think 'I've lived a pretty happy memory'. 
This is a photo of me and a group of friends a couple of years back on holiday in Madrid (It was a pretty amazing holiday - over France, Spain, Italy & Germany). I absolutely love this picture and it brings back such amazing happy feelings from that holiday and it just makes me think of how lucky I am to have friends like these and how lucky I am to experience such an amazing time! :D Even just writing this has brought back a warm fuzzy feeling inside of me! :)

2  The second idea would be to just put on your favourite film or one you've been meaning to watch for a while. Just sit on the sofa, with your duvet, a nice drink of some sort (Mine would be a diet coke over ice), a snack or your dinner - whichever you would prefer, I'd suggest yummy food and I wouldn't think of the calories or fat or sugar, just enjoy the food. Surround yourself with extra blankets, a dog, a couple of teddy bears or your partner (whichever you'd prefer) and just settle down and enjoy the film. If you fall asleep in amongst your comfort fort, at least you can think about the early night you've had and the extra rest - perfect for diminishing those naughty under eye circles that never budge!

3 And finally, when it comes to taking pictures, I am such a happy person! Be it a selfie, nature, friends, a funny face or something random - I love seeing the beauty in everything (Even ugly beauty). So here I am sharing with you beauts a picture of me and my puppy, Spence! (He isn't a puppy). I love him to pieces! It makes me so happy just calling him up onto the bed and trying to take lots of pictures of us together! And looking back over the pictures just taken usually end up leaving me and my boyfriend in fits of giggles! As you can see, he has a pretty wonky face and is how he ended up with one of the many nick names of 'Wonky dog', but I wouldn't have him any other way! :D So just grab a camera, phone or webcam and take pictures! Who cares if you 'don't look good' in them, have fun and keep it to look back on in the future to remember the moments! :D


So what do you beauts think of magical Mondays? I decided to call it that because the thought of you deciding whether or not to be happy is quite magical! :) Do you have any ideas that I could try out? And maybe feature in future Magical Monday posts? If so, don't forget to comment down below and tell me! I love hearing of new ways to be happy and cheerful! :) Remember to follow on GFC and Bloglovin' if you don't already and stay happy!

Be happyBe beautiful and Be YOU!
Ellie, xx

6 comments:

  1. The dog <333

    http://trend-mae.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dog is adorable! We have lots of similar ideas on how to stay happy, sofa and fav films! Such a lovely post!

    http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea - I celebrated Magical Monday by treating myself to my ultimate guilty pleasure - Macaroni Cheese!!!!
    Josie xoxo Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah loved your dog! I also watch my favourite films when I'm feeling down :)

    From Making Things Alive | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Such a cute dog!
    danidid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete